Every beat of my heart ;
in other words, i'm
slow dancing in a burning room
04:38, Days of Saturdays
Monday, 4 February 2013

So I found out a couple weeks back that Ng Boon Gay's lawyer is daddy's friend, & who used to give me piggyback rides as a kid o_0 well who knew! Now I am a ~legit node in NBG's social network, separated two degrees (!!) hahaha the thought is strange. I've always dreamt of waking up one day and discovering that I'm connected to a public figure somehow; guess I got my wish, but must he be famous for all the wrong reasons?! D;

And now thanks to me all mah kakis are separated three degrees ;o degrees of separation is really a very intriguing phenomenon.



2201tsd

How sweet are these??!


Two years and counting!

There's always a little apprehension about starting bar, espesh in IB where if you've worked Saturdays and seen the bar jams v_v but the other day I thought I'd relieve some of that off my pseudo-little sister and showed her my treasures ☻ and at the same time I allowed myself to really MISS those days when people used to key funny things into bar order chits. How I was lucky enough to have had colleagues who cared and encouraged in creative ways; who always saw the funnier side of things even in times of stress and mishaps; back when there was neither distaste nor hatred but mutual respect for one another regardless of hierarchy :')))

These are just three of about 10 that I have, and the amazing thing is that I can still remember who keyed what...!! and so the more epic ones I keep, and these little memory snippets travel everywhere with me, in my wallet, all the time ♡♡♡

---------------


For a barista, there truly is no higher praise (◡‿◡)

This came in just today!!! by an expat who left it on the table for service staff to pick up :D a bit suspicious when everyone gathered rather conspiratorially at table 12 / the tray station / just in front of my bar out of hearing range, before collectively going We have a surprise for you...!! and then they stuck it on the side of my espresso machine where the chits go. Uber sweet yes?? *melts* & touched maximum *v*

It's truly the simple things like these that make me love what I do, even if sometimes I get chastened/ do ask myself why I choose to settle in the dead end. I don't often defend myself, because there is always some quiet joy in the knowledge that there are people who appreciate your craft, and even more in those who take the time to show it, that I find I cannot quite put into words articulate enough to explain how much "prestigiousness" doesn't really faze me. It never has.

What DOES bother me is the fact that many still fail to realize the magnitude of positivity that a genuine thank-you brings to those in service, and I think that's one of the most sobering things about this society — that we have so much to learn, if only we'll get off our high horses and stop reassuring ourselves that we're above certain industries.
You know it's NOT TRUE;
and it's appalling how differently people treat me once they learn of my education background, some even going as far as to apologize repeatedly ☜☜ something I happen and believe I deserve to take immense gratification in. Sometimes every pore of my being begs to explain myself; but I'm immediately ashamed by the need to prove that I am supposedly "better than this", because what of those who don't have a university degree to assert themselves with...?

Empathy will not die with me.



2601strd


Happy 82nd grandmummy!! ♕♡

Celebrated her hatch-day today with extended family at MBS, a break from the usual Chinese-restaurant-at-the-void-deck-below-her-apartment dinner :) but how time flies v_v it's exhausting studying overseas so far away from family, because of the emotional toll I suffer from esp when I come back to all my loved ones looking so much older than I remember them to be. But I guess it's the price I pay for willing actions and choices! as long as I believe in my decisions and achieve great things my elders can be proud of.

Still, these are moments as scarce as they are treasured. I don't know when I will see this lovely woman again after this round of homecoming, but I know that her matriarch's eyes will never allow the family baby to ever fully grow up :')



0202strd

Met up with the lovely seets last Sat for dinner! Food dates with this girl = trying out hitherto-unknown foodie hidey-holes, & this time it was ramen with the most chillax ambience :)


Mega delish kurobuta pork cheek ramen *_*

Reminisced the good ol' SC days over dinner :))) preceded by a very epic struggle to remember the location of our last SC camp in 2008. SPOILER ALERT: Kuala Lipis!! HAHA I had to visit ancient archives to unearth the name -_-

And of course, gossip about people we share a mutual dislike of :j most other people I know are so politically correct it's almost painful to breathe around them, and it can scarcely be considered casual conversation if you're constantly worrying about offending the other party?? But words and opinions flow so freely with seets ♡

Quite suspect that I will never not be thankful for my time in council, no matter how many breaths I've spent complaining or lambasting the system. And definitely NO THANKS to all my detractors!! v_v up to this day when I think about DHSJH, council still features prominently, what with golden friends I can still chat so easily with even after all those separating years and miles.



I wanna be the one you run to when you need a shoulder,
I ain't a soldier but I'm here to take a stand.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

24.
I will rule you like a margin.





amanda bram christine cindy alt council elaine karmen kyna nicky nicole tiara ☆12 fourd twog wansi weijie xingqi xinqian xunlin yiling

Host: Blogger
Layout © thebikiniboy